Special Science Teleclass: Magnetism
This is a recording of a recent live teleclass I did with thousands of kids from all over the world. I’ve included it here so you can participate and learn, too!
Discover how to detect magnetic fields, learn about the Earth’s 8 magnetic poles, and uncover the mysterious link between electricity and magnetism that marks one of the biggest discoveries of all science…ever.
- Box of paperclips
- Two magnets (make sure one of them ceramic because we’re going to break it)
- Sandpaper or nail file
- D cell battery
- Rubber band
- Magnet Wire
Optional Materials if you want to make the Magnetic Rocket Ball Launcher:Four ½” (12mm) neodymium magnets
- Nine ½” (12 mm) ball bearings
- Toilet paper tube or paper towel tube
- Ruler with groove down the middle
- Eight strong rubber bands