Water Drop

You’ll be amazed at the physics of a simple water drop! This water drop was filmed in ultra-slow-motion at 2000 frames per second, and includes an explanation by a local mathematician (in plain, every English, too!).

Here’s a super-fun experiment you can do with a water drop.

Comments

11 Responses to “Water Drop”

It does – are you able to view the videos in Unit 1 on your Mac/Safari?

2. Glynns Thomas says:

The video would not appear for us on Safari. But I opened Firefox and it worked fine. We are on a Mac. I hope that helps!

No – it’s supposed to work either way. The video is in flash, but note that this is about to change to a format that works on all devices. What happens if you use a different computer? Does this happen with all the videos or just this one?

4. Ann Zornes says:

I’m trying to access the water drop video but can only see it when I’m NOT logged in. Is this the way it’s supposed to be? And I can only see it if I use IE instead of my regular Google Chrome. Am I doing something wrong?

5. Kristi Kerr says:

That is crazy cool!!!

6. Xander Clear(age 10) & Terri Cleary (teacher) says:

How to Geek this morning had a link to a fascinating video about water droplets (http://www.howtogeek.com/127383/how-to-bounce-drops-of-water-on-top-of-a-pool-of-water-indefinitely-physics-video/)

We thought you might be interested, if you haven’t seen it already. We are assuming that surface tension plays a role, but not sure what else is happening

Nice idea! I’ll see what I can do.

8. Lizet Constanza Mueller says:

This is a great video to see just after the Scientific Method- how many drops fit in a penny- Underwater Presidents experiment! You could make a link to it from there!

9. Derrick Ramsey says:

That is soooo cool! Almost as cool as fractals! 🙂 I feel so smart now.

Oops – I didn’t know that. Well, that’s another reason we create our own videos! 🙂 I’ll have our web guy make the changes.

11. Stephanie Hardin says:

Did you know the “water drop” video has been removed due to terms of use violation?